Latest release date:
18 September 2013:
V7.1 build 1017 - Std & Pro Editions
What's new for this release.
Free 30 day evaluation, then:
(20% off) $79.00
Standard Edition: US$39.00
(See sales page for more pricing details)
Windows XP SP3, 2003 Server, Vista, 2008 Server, Windows 7, Windows 8
Available for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
(Also available for Linux)
128 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c, 30MB disk space (more required to run the disk test).
Hardware loopback plugs for port testing (Professional Edition only).
PassMark BurnInTest™ is a software tool that allows all the major sub-systems of a computer to be simultaneously stress tested for endurance, reliability and stability.
- Assists in PC Troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- The best value professional burn-in tool on the market!
- The hottest, fastest CPU Burn In tool around! (See our CPU Heat Generation benchmark testing)
- Avoid delivering D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) hardware to your customers.
- Dramatically reduce your burn in times with multithreaded simultaneous testing of components.
- Build your image as a supplier of quality systems.
- Avoid costly downtime, system rebuilds and lost data.
- Test the stability of a system after configuration changes or hardware upgrades (critical for overclocking).
Anyone who has used computers for any period of time will understand the importance of having a stable system. The cost of a hardware failure can be enormous. If you are lucky your data will only become inaccessible while faulty components are replaced. If you're unlucky you can lose your files completely or have them permanently corrupted. Even if you have good backups, you can still lose days of work returning the PC to its pre-failure state. In many cases the lost data can never be replaced and businesses can be brought to their knees, with the loss of documentation, customer details and financial records.
Click the image above to view screenshots.
What BurnInTest does is thoroughly exercise the hardware in a PC in a short period of time, in the same way as normal applications use a PC over a long period of time. This takes advantage of the fact that computer hardware tends to fail either very early in its life or after many thousands of hours of use. Typically BurnInTest should be used before a PC is put into service, as the failure of a computer that isn’t being used for a critical application and doesn’t have any critical data is much less damaging, (especially if it is still under warranty).
BurnInTest will bring intermittent or hidden problems to the surface so that after a successfully run the computer can be used with a much higher level of confidence. BurnInTest can also be used by overclockers to verify system stability at high clock speeds.
BurnInTest tests the CPU, hard drives, RAM, CD-ROMs, CD burners, DVDs, sound cards, 2D graphics, 3D graphic, network connection, printers, video playback. If you have specialized hardware that BurnInTest does not test, you can even write your own test and integrate it with BurnInTest. PassMark has produced plugin tests for Keyboards, Dial up Modems and FireWire ports. This can all be done simultaneously as the application is multithreaded. The Professional version also has a number of additional features such as tape drive testing, USB port testing, USB 2.0 port testing, Serial and parallel port testing with the use of loop back plugs.
Standard or Professional Edition?
The application includes the following additional features:
- Native 64bit hardware and O/S support
- Online help & PDF manual
- A customer style results certificate
- Support for printing results
- Logging of results to disk in user selectable levels of detail (in ASCII format & HTML formats)
- Timed test runs that will stop automatically at the expiry of the selected time or after a number of test cycles.
- The ability to save your results to disk as log file.
- 'Notes' and 'Machine ID' fields for storing your own audit information along with the saved log file.
- Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word) via a variety of image formats. (BMP, GIF, EMF)
- The ability to select the level of load placed on each component, via the setting of a duty cycle for each test.
- Counters that count the total number of operations performed.
- An easy to use point and click interface
- Can be run from a USB drive or CD (under Windows)
- Can be made into a bootable solution from USB drive or CD (with PassMark WinPE Builder)
- Summary system information including CPU type, CPU speed & Serial number.
- Temperature monitoring and temperature monitoring interface (with additional 3rd party Intel Active Monitor, HMonitor, MotherBoardMonitor and SpeedFan software)
- Laptop battery & UPS monitoring interface (with additional BatteryMon software)
- Support for production line automation and detailed logging
- Printer testing using raw print files, or standard B&W or color testing
- MP3, MIDI and Wave file playback for sound card testing
- Testing of up to 20 hard and floppy disks simultaneously
- Testing of up to 20 optical drives drives simultaneously
- CD / DVD / Blu-Ray read testing using specialized optical test media, plus CD burner testing
- Windows shutdown and cyclic reboot testing (with complementary Rebooter software)
- Scrolling 'H's for Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC) testing to ANSI standard C63.4-1992
- Video RAM testing
- Testing the playback of Videos
- Support for SMART hard disk parameter checking
BurnInTest Management Console (optional)
The PassMark BurnInTest™ Management Console Web server application allows test system information, test status and test result information to be managed centrally for BurnInTest tests.
To upgrade any version of BurnInTest to BurnInTest V7 please visit our Upgrade order
page for details.
Free upgrades are available for existing users who purchased and received their keys after 14 March 2011.
No Nonsense Licensing
Flexible no nonsense licensing. Once purchased you can move the software between machines as required. There is no hardware locking, no online activation process, no time based expiry & no annual fees. The software can be run direct from a USB drive or CD drive, and a network connection is not required to use the software. Multi user and site licenses are also available. See the FAQ to work out how many licenses are required in various scenarios.